Welcome to Solo Like You Mean It!
Note: After filming and producing the course, I rearranged the order of a few of those seven broad steps.
- Learn how to find the chord tones.
- "Chord Tones Only": Improvise or compose simple solos with a strictly limited vocabulary: nothing but chord tones.
- "Segments and Sequences": Learn patterns through arpeggios to make them flow out of your muscle memory with ease.
- "Noodling With Targets": Integrate your new arpeggio skills with your existing scale skills.
- "Chord Tone Target Practice": Increase your control over targeting a specific note at a specific time.
- "Write Your Own Licks": Combine and apply the techniques from this course to create unique licks that weave tastefully through any chord progression.
- Build your own soloing vocabulary. How to practice in the long run.